Summer Reading 2022
Reading Challenge dates: June 21st-August 26th.
Register on this page or on the front page of our website.
Enter our summer reading challenge for the summer! Starting June 21st come get your reading log and for every 10 minutes spent reading or being read to put a sticker in your chart for 50 total stickers when finished! Children who finish their charts will get a prize upon completion and their finished logs will be entered into a raffle for more prizes at the end of the summer. Children can feel free to choose to read any books there is no assigned/required reading.
- http://www.readkiddoread.com/– A site by best-selling author, James Patterson, dedicated to helping parents find books that will get kids reading.
- Guys Read– A web based literacy program with a selection of recommended books for boys by boys to help get guys reading.
- Oprah.com Kids Reading List– A guide from the American Library Association to select books that match both children’s abilities and interests.
- www.abookandahug.com– A site for parents to find books that their children will enjoy.
- https://diversebooks.org/ – A non-profit and a grassroots organization of children’s book lovers that advocates essential changes in the publishing industry to produce and promote literature that reflects and honors the lives of all young people.